Pennsylvania and Local Organizations:
Parents and Friends Support:
- PFLAG: PFLAG National is the umbrella organization for PFLAG chapters across the country.
- COLAGE: COLAGE is a national movement of children, youth, and adults with one or more lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/or queer (LGBTQ) parent/s.
- Straight Spouse Network: An international organization that provides personal, confidential support and information to heterosexual spouses/partners, current or former, of gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender mates and mixed-orientation couples for constructively resolving coming-out problems.
- Atticus Circle: Dedicated to educating and mobilizing straight allies to advance equal rights for lesbians, gay, bisexual and transgender partners, parents and their children.
- Trevor Project: Leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts for LGBTQ youth. They operate a PFLAG hour nationwide hotline to provide assistance.
- GLBT National Help Center: Provides free and confidential telephone and internet counseling, information and local resources for LGBTQ callers.
- LGBT Campus: Provides resources to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender students, faculty, staff, administrators, and alumni.
- Campus Pride: The only national organization working to empower LGBT college students and organizers.
- Campus Climate Index: An index ranking LGBT life on various college campuses.
- Safe Schools Coalition: The Safe Schools Coalition is an international public-private partnership in support of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender youth, that is working to help schools - at home and all over the world - become safe places where every family can belong, where every educator can teach, and where every child can learn, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation.
- GSA Network: Gay-Straight Alliance Network is a youth leadership organization that connects school-based Gay-Straight Alliances (GSAs) to each other and community resources through peer support, leadership development, and training.
- Day of Silence: On the National Day of Silence hundreds of thousands of students nationwide take a vow of silence to bring attention to anti-LGBT name-calling, bullying and harassment in their schools.
- National Coming Out Day: On the National Day of Silence hundreds of thousands of students nationwide take a vow of silence to bring attention to anti-LGBT name-calling, bullying and harassment in their schools.
- No Name Calling Week: A week in January dedicated to combating LGBT bullying and harassment of all kinds.
- Transgender Day of Remembrance: The Transgender Day of Remembrance was set aside to memorialize those who were killed due to anti-transgender hatred or prejudice.
- Harvey Milk Day: Events and lesson plans are being created nationwide to honor slain gay civil rights hero Harvey Milk.
- GLBT History Month: GLBT History Month in October highlights annually the achievements of 31 gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender Icon.
- Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD): Amplifies the voice of the LGBT community by empowering real people to share their stories, holding the media accountable for the words and images they present, and helping grassroots organizations communicate effectively.
- Gay & Lesbian Straight Education Network (GLSEN): The leading national education organization focused on ensuring safe schools for all students.
- National Black Justice Coalition: Civil rights organization dedicated to empoweringLGBT people of color.
- Immigration Equality: Advancing equal immigration rights for the LGBT and HIVpositive community.
- BiNet USA: Organization representing the bisexual, pansexual and sexually fluid communities.
- Freedom to Marry: Freedom to Marry is the leading campaign working to win marriage nationwide.
- Lambda Legal: Lambda Legal is a national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and those with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.
- Family Equality Council: The Family Equality Council works at all levels of government to advance full social and legal equality for LGBT families by ensuring that they are included in legislation, policies and practices impacting families.
In the top right menu, you will find our Medical and Spirtitual Directories. They have an extensive list of LGBTQ+ supportive resources within the Pittsburgh area! Also, below are a listing of resources that may be beneficial to you. Please browse through them to learn about a multitude of topics! Should you have any questions or would like to be added to our resource list, please email us at email@example.com.